Hotel Name: Casa Del Mar
Location: Santa Monica CA, USA
Price We Paid: $$$ Approx. $800 / night (High Season December)
They say first impressions make or break... we couldn't have been more wrong. This hotel doesn't boast or yell at you with a grand facade from the outside to prove that it's amazing. Yet the incredibly spacious reception & lounge, beautiful decorations (including a gorgeous Christmas tree) and classy decor speak volumes with rich, soothing earth tones throughout the site.
Deluxe Room with King bed
Our room met our expectations easily with a modestly sized room and quirky knick knacks like books scattered tastefully around the room. The calming blue palette honestly made it feel like we were staying in a cozy modern country home. Awe-inspiring views awaited us beyond the pane of our windows where we could enjoy views of the lovely swimming pool with Santa Monica beach in the background, and the lovely ocean painting the horizon. The bathtub and shower were definitely up to our standards with a comfortable bed with plush pillows and blankets ready for us.
• One beautiful pool overviewing the Santa Monica beach
• Two Restaurants with beautiful view overlooking the Santa Monica Beach
• Lobby Cabanas & Bar | 24-Hour In-Room Dining
• Sea Wellness Spa | Fitness Center
• Outdoor Heated Pool | Whirlpool Spa | Beach Activity Center
• Located on the world-renowned Santa Monica Beach, walking distance to Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place
• 8 miles to LAX and Beverly Hills; 15 miles to Downtown LA • Valet Parking
The experience was unlike any other with unique decor and very tasteful aesthetic that sets the mood nicely for your stay. The service was good but we saw a lack in willingness to go above and beyond for customers. Definitely the room and pool were a massive benefit to our experience in this hotel. The coziness of our room and the spectacular interior design made it feel like a high end beach side holiday home, which, when you're in Santa Monica, is exactly what you would want.